• Follow School Twitters! @theRoyalHS @AthleticsRoyal @highlanderYB @rhsvocalmusic @royalhsband @royalhighPTSA @Act4Royal

A night at the Castaway

Students+talking+on+the+dance+floor.+
Cecilia Almada
Students talking on the dance floor.

On Saturday, May 18, prom was held at the Castaway in Burbank. The evening started started at 7:00 p.m. and ended around 11:00 p.m. Tickets were on sale for $140 with ASB and $150 without it or for guests. How did students arrive? Senior Nadia Mederos said, “I came on a party bus with my date and a bunch of friends.” Senior Dominick Arce said, “I came in a limo with my friends.” Another senior Alison Valiente said, “I arrived in a limo with all my friends.” People drove to the event in all kinds of vehicles including party buses, limousines, hummers, sports cars, and many more.

Once students arrive their Go Fan tickets were verfied, then they went through a bag check and received a pen to vote for prom winners on a piece of paper. Everyone voted for the prom court previously to the event, and were now able to choose from those selected nominees on who they wanted to win. The pieces of papers with the names were then were counted up during the event. The winners ended up being Raymond Grasso, Ariana Teneyck and Amelie Burg. 

Dinner included Hors d’ Oeuvres, salad, bread, garlic grilled chicken with butter whipped mashed potatoes, grilled broccolini, pan jus, rosemary herb roasted potatoes, chef’s seasonal vegetable, thyme demi-glace and a assorted dessert table.

Around the dance floor there were many unique and fantastic dresses. So where did students find their dresses? Senior Kendall Diederich said, “The fashion district in Los Angeles.” Senior Emily Syed said, “LA fashion district” Another senior Vanessa Echeverria said, “Santa Alley in Los Angeles.” Where did students got their fashionable tuxes? Many students replied with Mens Warehouse in Thousand Oaks.

The night was magical. Senior Nico Martinez said, “My night is going rad with my buddies, I don’t want it to end.” Senior Alison Valiente said, “I’m gonna turn up with my friends and get lit.” Another Senior Laney Hansen said, “I’m having fun I’m here with my close friends.” How great! Prom goers also took tons of photos before the event in different places across Simi Valley. Some of the most popular were the Wood Ranch Park, Lemon Park and Rancho Community Park. What is the plan after prom? What are the students up to after such an event? Senior Dominic Arce said, “I’m going to a party with my friends, it’s like an after prom party.” Senior Kendall Diederich said, “I’m staying in a hotel with all my close friends.” Another senior Kevin Giles said, “I’m going to a party with all my friends.” Overall, the event could not have gone any better!