• Follow School Twitters! @theRoyalHS @AthleticsRoyal @highlanderYB @rhsvocalmusic @royalhsband @royalhighPTSA @Act4Royal

High School Nation Feel Good Fest

Emily Syed
Senior Skyla Shulman making a rocker pose in the feel good mirror.

Having super short class periods was only the beginning of a fun and interactive school day that students had on Monday, April 15. Students were hyped about the special concert appearance. 

Class schedule were a bit different on Monday, with short 28 minute class periods and a two hour lunch period, but students were not too sure about what the day had in store. This special event featured music performances, free merchandise, social activities, and more. Senior Skyla Shulman said, “I had no idea what I was getting into. I’m in Leadership so I was able to get into the concert before everyone else was released and I got into a line and I realized that we were able to personalize a free crew neck jacket. That was super cool.” Students were allowed to pick a patch on a sticker to put on their very own white Hollister crew neck. Hollister was a sponsor of this event. Many students stayed the entire two hours in the line in order to get their free jacket. 

About 25 minutes into the festival, a band announced themselves on the stage calling themselves Full Circle Boys and many students were fangirling. While also singing popular songs including Mine by Bazzi and Poison by Bell Biv DeVoe, the boys were also full blown dancing on stage with spin moves and hand gestures. Many students were screaming with excitement and recording for their social media when the band started busting out their moves. Senior Madelyn Tonderum said, “It was so much fun cheering out on the field and hearing familiar songs from the band and being able to clap along.” 

This High School Nation event was to promote happy mental health and music in the world, especially in high school communities. They plan to perform for high schools around the country over this year, while also campaigning their clothing line Gilly Hicks. More information can be found on Hollister’s social media.

Feel Good employee ironing a student’s patch on their free crewneck during the event.
(Emily Syed)