Fellow Christian Athlete Club

Club meeting during lunch.
Cecilia Almada
Club meeting during lunch.

What is Fellow Christian Athlete Club?  You may ask, Fellow Christian Athlete Club is an organization for Christian students, athletes and even non believers to see if they believe in becoming Christian. Why was this club created? One of the leaders of the club senior Sadie Gillen said, “To share the love and promises of Jesus with Royal High School!” How long has Fellow Athlete Christian Club been around? Senior Sadie Gillen said, “FCA was created around 70 years ago, Royal High School launched our huddles last year.” You may wonder how many students are in this club, senior Sadie Gillen said, “We have a team of six leaders and get about 30 to 50 people attending each week.” What type of activities does this club consist of? Senior Sadie Gillen said, “We play games, have speakers up to teach on the Bible and hang out.” It was asked if the club had an special events coming up and Senior Sadie Gillen said, “Just every Tuesday at lunch there’s something special.” 

Now let us get some members to talk to, the members were asked why they joined. Sophomore Lauren Lacy said, “I joined because I love having a Christian community in school.” Junior Devon Ware said, “Being able to express my religion through and with others at school.” Junior Luke Lacy said, “Because I love Jesus Christ and I wanted to spread the gospel with our school.” Junior Gabriella Zavala said, “I wanted to become a leader of this club because I feel like Christian community on campus brings connectivity to the students on campus.” If your interested in joining the Fellow Christian Athlete Club they meets every Tuesday during lunch in the 5 building, in Mrs. Templeton’s class, room 5-18.