Grad Bash 2024

Makayla Bell
Seniors waiting patiently to turn in permission slips for our upcoming Grad Bash.

Hey Seniors! Are you interested in attending our Grad Bash 2024? Well, this year Grad Bash will held at Universal Studios. Tickets were on sale from April 3 to April 17 until they sold out. It is taking place next month on May 24.. The trip starts at 4 p.m. and ends at 2 a.m. Tickets and permission slips are found within the ASB office, along with buses and who each chaperone (mainly teachers) would be. The tickets cost $150 each, and you could only pay in cash or credit card, no checks are allowed. For the field trip, they are shooting for seven buses. The buses we have are A, B, C, D, E, F, and possibly G if we end up needing them. We also have a couple of staff chaperoning the students; Mrs. Myszkowski, Mrs. Jeffords, Mr. Pine, Mr. Maye, Mr. Letus, Mr. Lev, Mr. Rounke, Mr. Hemphill, Mr. Boian, Mr. Boerem, Mr. Johnson, Mrs. Marsh, Mrs. Flanagan, Mrs. Lev, Mrs. Fischer, Ms. Gonzalez-Gamez, Mr. Callaway, Mrs. Spillman, Mr. Hall, and Mrs. Zapata.

Senior Jackson Silva is going on the field trip, the bus he chose was Bus D. He has been to Universal Studios before and is excited to go again with friends and go on his favorite rides such as Harry Potter, Simpsons World, and Transformers ride. His favorite snack to eat at Universal Studios would be the huge Simpson donuts or Butterbeer from Harry Potter World. Silva said, “I expect to see happy faces and go on my favorite rides, and if I see Megatron I’ll hug him.”

Senior Marysabel Dominguez is going on the field trip, she chose Bus C. She has been to Universal Studios before and is looking forward to going on the field trip with her friends. The world that she likes the most would be the Harry Potter because of the amazingly cool designs. Her favorite rides are the Mummy Returns, Jurassic Park, and the Simpsons. She does not eat there because of the price and how expensive it can be to eat there, but her favorite snack to get while she is there would be the Lard Lad donuts. She hopes to go on as many rides as possible before the field trip ends. When she goes on the field trip, she is going to wear comfy clothing since it could be cold and she will not be home until very late. Dominguez said, “I just hope that the lines won’t be too long.”

Senior Henry Beltran is going on the field trip too, the bus he chose was Bus A. He has been to Universal Studios before and is very hyped to go once again with his friends from school. The ride that he is looking forward to going on would be the Mummy ride since he has not been on it in a very long time. His favorite world would be the Simpsons because it is iconic. He has never eaten there, but his favorite snack to get would be the Lard Lad donuts because they are “delicious” and can be split among many people. He is looking forward to seeing his friends’ faces on the rides that take pictures, it would be very hilarious to him. Beltran said, “I’m expecting Harry Potter World to be fun, and maybe get some Butterbeer as well!”

Senior Pranati Ryali is also going on the field trip as well as her twin sister, she chose Bus C. She’s been to Universal Studios before too, and is excited to go with friends and go on many rides. She wants to go on the Minions ride, the ride in Super Mario World, the Harry Potter ride, the Simpsons ride, the bus tour, or anything with a small wait time. Ryali said, “I’ve never been to the Mario World ride, I hope it’s as good as it looks.” The snacks or food items that she wants to eat there are, cheese pizza, any drinks like smoothies or milkshakes, french fries, or any vegetarian options. She does not have a favorite ride, she finds them all fascinating, and she isn’t planning on getting any souvenirs. She is also excited to go with her friends and sister to this upcoming fun event. Ryali added, “I have to be careful with my implant, I hope that this trip goes smoothly and that we are all safe.”

Senior Anthony Hamilton is going on the field trip, he chose Bus A, and he’s been to Universal before as well but is looking forward to going out with his friends. The rides he wants to go on the most would be the Mummy or Jurassic Park. His favorite world is Super Mario World because it’s very detailed and it feels like you’re right in the game. He isn’t getting any snacks or food but if he were to get something to eat it would be Cleatus’s fried chicken at Simpsons World. For the field trip, he is going to wear comfortable clothing like a sweater and jeans. Senior Hamilton said, “I’m just here for the rides like that’s all I want to go on.”

Senior Pranavi Ryali is going on the field trip with her sister, she is also going on Bus C, she has been to Universal before but it has been a very long time since they last went, which was before the making of Super Mario World. The rides she is looking forward to going on will be Jurassic Park and the Harry Potter ride. Senior Ryali said, “If we do go to Jurassic Park I don’t know who will hold my implants, I just know that we are going to be very wet.” She isn’t thinking about eating there but if she were to eat there she hopes to find some good vegetarian options. She hopes the trip goes smoothly, and that everything will be fine with their hearing implants.

Senior Wyatt Wiemero is also going on the field trip, he is boarding bus A. He has been to Universal Studios many times before and is curious to see how the senior trip would go. His favorite rides are the Harry Potter ride, The Mummy, and Jurassic Park. His favorite world he likes to visit all the time when he goes would be Harry Potter. When he goes, he does not necessarily buy food there because it gets too expensive but his favorite thing to get would be the Lard Lad donuts, and frozen butterbeer from Harry Potter World. Wiemero said, “The Butterbeer is tasty.” He would be going with his friend group when he goes on rides. He is not getting any souvenirs though, since that is not what the trip is about, he just wanted to have a good time. The last thing he will probably do at the end of the night would be to take group photos and hit up more rides by the end of the night.

Senior Bree Spencer is going on the field trip and is looking forward to it. She is going on Bus A. She has never been to Universal Studios before but hopes her experience will be most memorable. She wanted to hit up the Jurassic Park ride first because it seems the most fun and she loves dinosaurs and the franchise. She is also down to eat there as well, she wonders if there are any good restaurants in Jurassic World. Spencer said, “I love anything Dinosaur related!” Sheis going to dress comfy since it could be freezing cold during the night, and she hopes that she gets her money’s worth for such an expensive school event.

Senior Gigi Banuelos is going on Bus A, she has already been to Universal Studios before. Her favorite ride is the Minion ride. Banuelos said, “It’s pretty fun, I don’t care how basic the ride is. I enjoy it.” Her favorite world would be Simpson’s world. If she were to get any snack it would be the “Lard Lad” donut. It is big and a good snack for when you are really hungry. She knows that it could be really cold over there, so she is going to wear a sweater or something comfy that will get her through the night. Gigi is also planning on going with friends as well, because everything is better with people you know. Banuelos added, “I hope that by the end of the night to try the Lard Lad donut, and have lots of fun!”

Senior Jordan Hernandez is going to the Grad Bash, he is going on bus G. He has been to Universal Studios so many times as well as the special events like Grinchmas, and Horror Nights. He is excited that he will be going to Grad Bash with many of his friends and the fact that the tickets were cheaper than they usually are. Hernandez said, “My goal by the end of the night is to try to hit all my favorite rides before the night is over.” His favorite world is Harry Potter World, he doesn’t have a favorite snack to eat at Universal Studios, it depends on what he wants to get. He is going to dress extra warm so that way he is comfy for the trip. He also wants to go on the Mummy ride since that one of his favorite rides, as well he just loves the ambiance to it. Hernandez added, “I’m expecting to be dead tired by the end of the night.”