• Follow School Twitters! @theRoyalHS @AthleticsRoyal @highlanderYB @rhsvocalmusic @royalhsband @royalhighPTSA @Act4Royal

Running to home base

Sophomore Ethan Hall getting a hit.
Cristian Price
Sophomore Ethan Hall getting a hit.

Royal baseball took on Oak Park High School on Wednesday, April 10, at home. Unfortunately we lost 4-2 in a close game. Sophomores Isaiah Tillman and Noah Vasquez knocked in the only two runs. So far the team is 15-8 overall, and 4-5 in the Coastal Canyon League. We are ranked 170th in California, 91st in the Southern Section, and 17th in Southern Section Division II. In Los Angeles Metro we are rated 20th. Junior Matthew Blough said, “They are a fun team to watch and fight every at bat.” There are some big games coming up for us against Moorpark High School, Camarillo High School, and Rio Mesa High School. 

Junior Dylan Jones has the highest average at .471 and highest on base percentage at .571 leading the team. Jones said, “We are looking good, just got to keep on grinding.” Junior Caden Sramek has the most home runs with 1. Senior Landon Parada is tied with the teams most with stolen bases at 9. Senior Jayden Williams also is tied with stolen bases at 9. Sophomore Dean Barkman leads the team in Earned Run Average with a 1.02. Junior Cooper Orme leads in fielding percentage with a perfect 1.000. Junior Zachary Nagy leads the team in hits and runs with 20 runs and 25 hits. Tillman leads the team in runs batted in at 15. Jones also leads the team in slugging percentage at .705, with Nagy leading the team in doubles at 9 and triples with 2. Come out and cheer on your baseball team at their next game.