• Follow School Twitters! @theRoyalHS @AthleticsRoyal @highlanderYB @rhsvocalmusic @royalhsband @royalhighPTSA @Act4Royal

Splish splash

Lenny De Jesus Reyes
Freshman Zach Wismann jumping off the board into the swimming pool.

Our swim team practices at the Rancho pool every day, and the training is tough. Some of the people in the swim team are involved in water polo so it is extra practice for their next season so they can perform well.

The swim team does many workouts too such as swimming laps back and forth, with a time of around 0ne minute and 30 seconds. Temperatures have become a lot better too because the winter season is over and it is now spring, which means better weather for swimming and better performance.

Freshman Travis Smith said, “I like swimming but it gets really tiring so I like getting out of the pool every once in a while.” Practicing from around 3-4 p.m. can be hard. Sophomore Joseph Vasquez said “I’m not going to lie, it’s pretty hard being in the swimming pool for so long and doing these exercises for a little bit of time, but I know it’s going to be worth it when I get back into water polo.”

The swim team also does weights in the morning every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  It seems like the swim team really is putting their best efforts in and it looks like its paying off.