Botany Friday’s

Leah Shahvaladian
Botany club members juniors Addison Garton and Natalie McCormick getting ready to present their slideshow.

Botany Club meetings are held every Friday, during lunch, in Mr. Dennert’s classroom. At the club meeting students view a slideshow, which is put together by club members. The slideshow on Friday, March 8, started with a presentation about what the Botany Club is. They present a plant of the week every week and talk about the history of the plant, where the plants grow, and how to take care of them.

This club is for all people who are interested in any type of plant. You get to learn different things about all plants and it is very interesting. “Taking care of plants and learning about them is a very relaxing hobby and anyone can do it,” said Junior Natalie McCormick. Anyone can start a garden or take care of houseplants by just going to any store and finding a seed or plant that interests you. “Botany Club is a great place to hang out and learn about cool things that not a lot of people know,” said Junior Ava Hermansen. The club is a nice place for students to bond over a fun hobby and help each other. Many people find being a plant owner therapeutic, and also a way to learn how to take care and nurture a living thing.