Hug day

Seniors+Matthew+Ramos%2C+Kyler+White%2C+Jared+Lopez%2C+and+Malekai+Sonko+design+and+wear+their+Hug+Day+shirts+to+celebrate+Valentine%E2%80%99s+Day+and+Senior+Hug+Day.+
Jasmine Franco
Seniors Matthew Ramos, Kyler White, Jared Lopez, and Malekai Sonko design and wear their Hug Day shirts to celebrate Valentine’s Day and Senior Hug Day.

On Valentine’s Day, February 14, it was not just Valentine’s Day but also our annual Senior Hug Day. For Senior Hug Day seniors decorate and wore shirts saying things that imply they are participating in the tradition like “Hug Me”, “Free Hugs”, and many seniors wore a shirt and pin saying “Where’s my hug at?” Many laughs were shared when walking past a senior with a funny shirt. 

Freshmen, sophomores, and juniors showed seniors lots of love by giving them hugs. Many students also arrived at school with flowers, gifts, and treats for their special someone. Seniors were seen visiting the table and grabbing a dessert or baked goods. Some seniors like Matthew Ramos, Jared Lopez, and Malekai Sonko designed and wore matching shirts around campus and took pictures that will leave them with good high school memories. The digital marketing class was able to design and make shirts to wear around campus. Senior Kyler White said, “If it weren’t for that class I wouldn’t have participated in Hug Day. I’m glad I participated in Hug Day because I had many shared laughs, pictures, and hugs on Valentine’s Day along with memories.” 

Tables in the quad and decorations around campus were set for seniors filled with tons of sweet treats including baked goods and desserts. Thank you to the people who made seniors feel loved and special on Valentine’s Day. Senior Julian Gonzales said, “The Hug Day tradition made my Valentine’s Day filled with love, treats, and laughs.” The baked goods that weren’t picked up were donated to the local Samaritan Center.