• Follow School Twitters! @theRoyalHS @AthleticsRoyal @highlanderYB @rhsvocalmusic @royalhsband @royalhighPTSA @Act4Royal

A new dynasty is formed

Jonah Krause
Target was set up with football themed shelves for the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl XLVIII was held on Sunday, February 13, and took place in Las Vegas for the first time ever. The game started at 3:00 p.m. and featured the San Francisco 49ers and the Kansas City Chiefs, with Usher performing the Halftime Show.

Celebrities like Jay Z, Beyonce, Luke Combs, and Jimmy Kimmel were all at the game to experience it. From the jump, this was an iconic Super Bowl breaking many records throughout the game including the most viewed Super Bowl with 202.4 million people. The game time lasted 74 minutes and 57 seconds making it the longest Super Bowl in history. With this fact in mind, the Chiefs overcame a ten point deficit to become the first back to back champions since the Patriots did it two decades ago.

With the Super Bowl taking place in showtime Las Vegas, it was destined to have a good performance at the Halftime Show. Usher took to the stage bringing out some legendary artists including Ludacris and Lil Jon. “The halftime show was decent,” said senior Mike Tapia. The show ended with an honor to Usher’s hometown of Atlanta, as Lil Jon Crowd surfed into “Turn Down For What” and Ludacris joined the stage for the last song. This song was “Yeah” which was the most played song in 2004.

Another aspect that makes the Super Bowl entertaining was the commercials. To start, the BMW commercial was one of the best ones. This commercial featured Christopher Wallen and halftime star Usher. In this commercial, Christopher Wallen made fun of himself and at the end Usher joined in on the fun, mocking Wallen when he said “Yeah”. One of the other great commercials included Squarespace. This commercial included aliens that came to earth. They could not get human attention until they try to figure out how to get on the internet. This commercial was directed by the famous Martin Scorsese.

To wrap it up, many NFL experts are comparing the start of Patrick Mahomes career to the G.O.A.T. Tom Brady. “Mahomes’ start to his career is the best start we have seen to a football career ever,” said senior Aiden Krause. So far Mahomes is on pace to break many of Tom Brady’s records including Super Bowls, which Tom Brady currently leads and Patrick Mahomes is already at three early on in his career.