Winter Formal spirit week

Leah Shahvaladian
A group of students showing off their snow versus beach outfits on Tuesday, January 30.

The spirit week themes, January 29 to February 2, leading up to Winter Formal had two different options for each day. Monday, January 29, was gym rat or couch potato. Many people dressed in gym clothes and accessories such as spandex shorts, big water bottles, and headphones. It was a little hard to notice if someone was dressed as a couch potato because it was supposed to be lounge clothes which is a wide range of clothes that many people already wear daily. “I didn’t know it was a spirit day today but my outfit fits the couch potato theme everyday anyways,” said junior Kylie Campos.

Tuesday, January 30, was snow or beach. The people who did beach wore things like shorts, tank tops, and glasses. The people who did snow wore warm clothes like big jackets, gloves, and beanies. On Wednesday, January 31, it was country versus country club. The people who wore country did cowboy hats, flannels, and boots. People who did country club wore visors, jackets around their shoulders, and skirts. Thursday, February 1, was teacher and students swap. It was another day that was harder to tell who was participating because teachers and students wear some of the same things. “I forgot we had spirit week so I just thought my teacher was having an off day when I saw her outfit,” said freshman Christian Miller.

Finally, on Friday, February 2, seniors and freshmen wore black, sophomores and juniors wore white. This was the day with the most participation. During the rally all the different grades sat together so you could see a lot of black and white in the bleachers. Overall many students did not know about the spirit week or what themes were for each day. You could have found this information for spirit days on instagram @the.royalkingdom.