Spreading holiday spirit

Gabriel Hirsch
Highland Harmonics singing Vuelie as the opening song.

On Wednesday, December 13, at 7 p.m. the Royal Vocal music department presented “Tis the Season”, a holiday concert, in our theatre. The choir students put on an amazing performance to spread Christmas, Hanukkah, and overall holiday spirit.

All six choir groups performed, the Highland Harmonics, Kingdom Chorale, Voicemale, Royal Rallentandos, Show Choir, and Reigncheck.  Altogether there were a total of 20 songs sung. There were four solos and a duet sung by Lizzie Platt and her father Blaine Platt. The Royal Rallentandos, which is an adult choir made up of choirs students parents, staff, and alumni sang Hanukkah Shalom and Holly Jolly Christmas. The Royal Rallentandos are adults who loved to sing and wanted the opportunity to be able to perform.

The all-boys choir, Voicemale sung You’re A Mean One, Mr. Grinch which brought cheer to the crowd with their humor. A member of Voicemale, junior Brendan Duffy said, “The crowd laughed, which was our goal. Voicemale is a very fun group to be a part of.” The last song was a sing along of a White Christmas that brought the entire crowd together. Junior Johnatan Evans said, “The sing along made me feel more in the Christmas spirit.” Many of the choirs are open to new members who have a passion for singing and performing.