Clue into drama

John Miller
CLUE: On Stage dinner scene.

On November 30 through December 2, the Royal Players performed “CLUE: On Stage” in the MPR. 

The experience was different for each actor and each audience member. Senior Cody Weber, who played Wadsworth, was able to be on stage the entire time. “I enjoyed changing my mood and reactions to other things on stage,” Weber said about being on stage. 

Playing dead most of the show isn’t easy. “It’s very ‘fun’ because I can’t sit still and if you land in an uncomfortable position, oh well,” said senior Ashlyn Cunningham about playing dead. Cunningham, though her role as Mr. Boddy is important, she only has lines at the beginning of the show. “It’s actually kind of fun because I have a cool entrance and then I get to die twice. Even though I’m not on stage for part of it, I’m still a part of the story,” Cunningham said about having an important role. 

Junior Sydney “Syd” Crets performed as the Singing Telegram girl, who only shows up at the very end of the show. Though not on stage very long, Crets loved her role. “It’s really fun because you get to watch,” Crets said about having a role such as her’s. 

Overall, the favorite characters of the audience seemed to be the butler Wadsworth and Professor Plum.

The moving of the dead Cook and Mr. Boddy. (photo by John Miller)
Character introductions of the production. (photo by John Miller)