Senior reserved parking

Lillian Blackwell
A painted senior student painted parking spot.

After the announcement of the senior reserved paid parking spaces, students who paid for their spaces were able to paint them themselves before Thanksgiving break.  The parking spaces can be found in the East parking lot of our school, and student spaces can be found painted, all being creative in their own right.

According to Assistant Principal Patti Myszkowski the reserved parking spots for seniors are to be used for the remainder of the school year.  No more spaces are being sold, and the class of 2025 will be able to buy a space next year.  On November 10 students were able to paint and customize their parking spots to their liking.  The first two rows of solar panels were where students painted their spots. “A way to make parking easy and special for seniors on their last year,” Myszkowski said.  13 parking spaces were sold altogether, with 11 spaces painted, many choosing to paint their spot.

Senior Madelyn Tonderum, who is one of the students who painted her parking spot, talked about information on the parking spaces and what it was like making her own.  She had her father help her during this, putting tape and paper around the section to paint it.  The day they did this was November 10, which was before the break to make sure the paint could dry, and next year, as asked and bought, the paint would be able to be washed off.  “I got a spot because it is worth knowing there will be somewhere for me to park and I can come to school a little later and not have to look for one,” Tonderum said, noting that the experience was worth it, also said it was “messy” but a great time overall.