Outdoor construction comes to an end

Instead+of+an+edged+and+square+appearance%2C+the+new+and+vibrant+quad+has+a+round+and+much+more+open+look.+
Ian Cervantes
Instead of an edged and square appearance, the new and vibrant quad has a round and much more open look.

The outdoor construction has been a bittersweet matter on Royal’s campus since we switched from online school to in person school. A while ago, it was the ASB office area being worked on, then the MPR, and then the 7 and 6 building quad, and it seems the construction on the 8 and 5 building quad was the final step. It has been a never ending cycle of construction for years! However, the nightmare ended last week. Construction has officially been completed.

The bitter in the bittersweet is that it had made navigation and traversing campus extremely awkward, long, and tedious. Students used to reroute through cramped walkways and hallways, which caused multiple problems. The largest one being tardiness. In particular, the CSI room had been tough to reach, and it made attending the mandatory brown bags a huge struggle. Senior Anthony Hamilton said, “I finally won’t have to walk through a maze to get to class now.”

But the sweet in the bitter sweetness is that the outdoor construction is all done! Students can finally roam the campus without having to be squeezed next to a chain link fence or go around buildings to get to class, and teachers can teach without the disruptive sounds of construction. Not only that, but the construction has left us with gorgeous and very maneuverable quads. Senior student Henry Beltran said, “It’s actually pretty cool, I like how it’s circular instead of the blocky kind of look of the other one.”