• Follow School Twitters! @theRoyalHS @AthleticsRoyal @highlanderYB @rhsvocalmusic @royalhsband @royalhighPTSA @Act4Royal

New Freshman Class President

Our new Freshmen Class President.
Olivia Cleary
Our new Freshmen Class President.

After weeks of handing out candy, t-shirts, pins, and sunglasses, and decorating our school campus with campaign posters, the Freshman Class President election of 2023 is finally over! On Monday October 2, Jetta Rose was announced as our official president on our school’s Instagram page (@theroyalkingdom). 

Following hanging up several posters and spending hours making accessories to promote herself, she was thrilled to find out that her hard work paid off. Freshman Jetta Rose said, “A couple times I got a little anxious about the election in hopes that I wanted to win. I spent so much time working on my campaign outside of school and I didn’t want it to be for nothing, but I knew that whatever happens, happens.” It is safe to say that nothing she did was put into waste, as she managed to win her first election while juggling being team captain of the girls freshman volleyball team, keeping up with school work, participating in school events, and also finding creative ways to spread the word of her candidacy. 

Many freshmen are pleased with Rose for being their newfound president and admire her for her outgoing personality and leadership mentality. It is rare to see a new student put so much effort into getting to where they want to be in their freshman year at Royal – and she did just that! She showed us what it is like to be part of a school with a lot of spirit. Principal Mr. Michael Hall stated, “I hope she continues building a relationship with freshmen and knows what they need.” Congratulations to Jetta Rose and Royal can’t wait to see all the plans you have for the freshmen class this year!