Show Choir happenings

Lillian Blackwell
The Show Choir room where students gather to practice.

People have all heard of Show Choir, yet only a few know what is going on in there, and have never really considered the work that may go on.  Many people have heard of choir, from middle to high school.  

Ms. Spielman, the teacher of the overall choir classes, as well as the club itself, Show Choir, had a few things to say about the activities and things happening in the club room.  The song being sung for the Halloween festival is from the ‘Addams Family’ musical, which they will be singing on October 10.  To find the room in which the Show Choir is held, it is during lunch on Wednesday, in room 3-2.  “Our students had an interest in more musical theater opportunities in our choir department, so they came together to create this club last year. It’s completely student-run and provides a fun additional way to be included in the vocal music program,” said Spielman. 

Senior Sadie Gillen, the creator of the club, has also gathered plans within the club as to what they will be doing for this concert.  “This club was made to bring a touch of dance & musical theater to our choir shows,” said Gillen.  She also explained that for the choir concert, they arre doing an ‘Addams Family’ musical piece, which will be on October 10, in the Royal Stadium.  It was made for people to find musical reaches in the choir, and dance.  They organize rehearsals, and put in a lot of hard work