CIF should let transfer students play

Aiden Krause
Seniors Evan Farmer and River Camps can not even dress for the game.

Seniors Evan Farmer, River Camps, and Kaden Bushell transferred from Simi Valley High School. CIF will not allow them to play until September 29 when the football team plays Thousand Oaks High School.

Navigating and understanding all the rules can be a very hard task. Camps said, “At first I thought it was only a four game suspension but when I heard six games I was shocked.” There can be many different interpretations of the rules. CIF philosophy is, “keep the focus on athletic participation as a privilege not a right.” Athletes spend many hours of dedication and hard work trying to get better at their sport, so why is CIF saying it is a “privilege” to simply play a game?

The only way a student is eligible is if there is a valid change of address which all three do not have. The football team has suffered a lot of injuries this season and all three of these players would most likely make a big impact on the team. Farmer said, “I am a little bummed that I have to sit out for six games but it’s alright because I’ve had more fun here than I ever have playing football.”