The Senior Sunrise

The sun rising over campus at 5:45 a.m.
Cecilia Almada
The sun rising over campus at 5:45 a.m.

This year’s Senior Sunrise event was an absolute success, with more than half the senior class attending. Students woke up early to come to school to watch the sun come up with their friends and fellow classmates. Some students, such as senior Kristha Archila, woke up as early as 3:00 a.m.  Two other senior students, Jacqui Ayala and Juliana Robles, woke up at 4:00 a.m. Many seniors in attendance agreed they would need a nap after getting up so early. Before the sun began to rise the seniors served themselves with the free breakfast provided by the kind PTSA organizing. As everyone got their breakfast and sat down enjoying watching the sun come out from the shadows, students brought out their iPhones posing and taking pictures to make that moment last forever. What a great way to start off the year!

With the first event being the sunrise, what other senior events are the class of 2024 looking forward to? Most students agreed on prom. Senior Sofia Cullen and Kyra Palmer said, “Prom and Grad night, those are like the most fun events because everyone attends.” Knowing it will be your last year at Royal, senior Naibe Luna said, “It’s bittersweet because it’s crazy to think little kids are gonna be in our shoes faster than they think.” Senior Isabella Serratos stated, “It’s crazy to think that after high school, we will be going off to college and entering adulthood.” Most seniors can agree with those statements. To end this on a soft note, here is to the class of 2024, congratulations on successfully getting through your first senior event and here’s to many more events to come.

Seniors waiting for the beautiful sunrise on the stadium stands. (Cecilia Almada)