Morning bowling

Harley’s has 24 lanes and great lights
Aiden Krause
Harley’s has 24 lanes and great lights

Every Tuesday and Thursday during zero period, students have the opportunity to take a bowling class. Students are placed on a team and compete against another team, with the highest score after playing two games coming at as the winner.

As a freshman student, you are mandated to take a physical education class if you are not playing a sport. If you get a C or better you can take courses such as bowling, weight training, or yoga. It costs $120 dollars per student to bowl. “Bowling is extremely fun and it is great that it is offered as a class,” said senior Jonah Krause.

There are people that take the class very seriously and are intense. Some students have their own bowling balls, shoes, and even grip for their hands. “I chose to take bowling because I wanted to do a class in the morning and also have fun in the class. I love bowling, I just hate waking up early,” said senior Ivan Covarrubias. Laurence Wiksell has been teaching bowling since the 1990’s. “It is an elective class and I love that it gives students an alternative to typical classes,” said Wiskell.

“This class is a popular class because it helps students who need to recover PE credits get those credits for graduation along with offering a different kind of elective credit option. Students like that taking bowling (a zero period) gives them a free period during the day,” said Counselor Aamina Hennings.