The march of a new school year

Band performing for an enthusiastic audience prior to the start of the football game.
Adan Arroyo

The marching band performed on August 18 at the football stadium to entertain the audience and to represent our school in a special way. 

At the Junior Varsity football game, held at Royal High School stadium, the marching band performed before the game was going to begin, at 7:00 p.m. right before the sunset. The band played right on the track next to the field. There they stood marching and playing their instruments to entertain the audience.

Starting off the year with their amazing performance junior John Conway, a marimba band performer who is part of the marching band said, “I mean I’m cool with it, though I do really enjoy my other jazz class for the band.” 

The students who watched the band’s performance like senior GiAnne Banuelos said, “I enjoyed watching the band perform with the amount of talent they had for each of their instruments individually.” With the band performing as a starter for the football game, senior Kristha Ortega felt the band started, “with a complete bang.”  Ortega also said, “It was a really enjoyable performance, especially at the first game they really know how to hype a crowd up.”

There will be lots more performances by them to come, and as Banuelos said, “I’m so excited for the new year to come for the band performances at these upcoming events this year!”