Five Nights at Freddy’s

Seniors Adan Arroyo and Cassidy Crowther dressed up as the Puppet Master and Foxy at the Regal Theater.
Kassidy Crowther

Five Nights at Freddy’s, an iconic horror video game, has always been popular among many of the students here on campus. The storyline of animatronics in a kids pizzeria coming to life has consistently intrigued every child’s mind growing up, which is partly what made it grow in popularity. Perhaps it is because the pizzeria almost replicated one of our very own known play places, Chuck E. Cheese, or the fact that the plot was like no other compared to other video games. Either way, when the news broke out that there would be a movie made based on the game, everyone’s inner child came back to life and were ecstatic to hear the news!

So when people heard about when the film was going to be released, which was October 27, 2023, many fans were counting down the days and waiting with anticipation for it to come out. When it finally did, theaters flooded with people wanting to watch the movie, including those who dressed up as different characters from the game. Many Highlanders went to see it as well and were pleased with the results. One of our students, senior Saheli Quezada, said with enthusiasm, “I really liked the outcome and how they followed the same plot as the actual game. I would definitely rate it a 9.5/10!” Another student, junior Tevin Ware, also said, “Some of the scenes looked just as creepy and alike as the game, including the animatronics.” It is safe to say that most of our school approves of this new movie!