• Follow School Twitters! @theRoyalHS @AthleticsRoyal @highlanderYB @rhsvocalmusic @royalhsband @royalhighPTSA @Act4Royal

Behind the morning announcements

Junior Luke Lacy reading off the morning announcements alongside senior Zoe Misiowiec
Jonah Krause

On Thursday April 11, the mystery was solved behind who is saying the morning announcements. These announcements blast most mornings to give students news about events surrounding our school. Announcements include everything from club meetings, sports games, Royal happenings, and so much more.

Special leadership students under Mrs. Myszkowski are elected to do these announcements every morning. Senior Zoe Misiowiec said, “We rotate the leadership students that are reading out the morning announcements. I enjoy being a part of this special leadership group on campus.” Her partner junior Luke Lacy said, “I started doing the morning announcements for leadership. I liked it so much that I started showing up every morning.”

Challenges arise for Mrs. Myszkowski as she has to write the morning announcements every day. She said, “It is my job to make sure that all the information is updated and interesting to students across campus.” She gave ways of relieving these challenges by getting in all the club announcements on time so she knows when they are having a meeting.