Our new AP

Ms. Hoffman at Back to School Night.
Jakob Jarrin
Ms. Hoffman at Back to School Night.

Over the past couple of weeks, students may remember hearing that Royal has a new Assistant Principal. Ms. Jordan Hoffman, a former teacher from A.E. Wright Middle School is starting her first administration job here on our campus. At this school, there are four different kinds of assistant principal positions. Hoffman’s position is the Assistant Principal of Guidance which entails managing student attendance, campus safety, and any discipline issues. 

Although she did not teach anywhere in the Simi Valley Unified School District, she is originally from Simi Valley and according to her, she is quite happy to be back in town. Ms. Hoffman’s decision to work at this school was influenced by her two sisters who had both gone to schools in this district and really liked them. Once on campus, something Hoffman really enjoyed was seeing people’s school spirit, and specifically said, “I feel like Royal has an incredible sense of spirit.”

On the topic of the new assistant principal, Ms. Patti Myszkowski (a current Assistant Principal) offered some advice. She said, “Just continue to get to know the students, ’cause that’s what makes Royal great.”