• Follow School Twitters! @theRoyalHS @AthleticsRoyal @highlanderYB @rhsvocalmusic @royalhsband @royalhighPTSA @Act4Royal

Renewing your Work Permit

Seniors Cecilia Almada and Makayla Bell going to the Work Experience office, located at the back of the library, to renew their Work Permits.
Emily Montalvo

It is that time of the year again when all Work Permits expire on August 24 and need to be renewed. A Work Permit is needed until you turn 18 or after you graduate from high school. To qualify for renewal your grades and attendance will be checked, 2.0 GPA, 90% attendance and no more than 6 periods of truants is needed. Fill out the google form located on the RHS website to see if you qualify. Senior Cecilia Almada said, “Working prepares you for real life and what’s to come in the future, for us.” 

So many students at our school have jobs. “It’s a great way to start being independent, responsible, and start being a functional adult. Because as my first job, I want to develop new skills and experience for future careers,” said senior Makayla Bell.  Remember you cannot work during school hours, school comes first.