School lockdown

No one was outside of the classroom, other than police, during the lockdown.
Kristen Miller

On September 15 we experienced a lockdown of our campus during school hours. The purpose? There was a threat written on a desk. “The note was about a ‘quote on quote’ bomb in the girls bathroom…but there was no specification as to when it was written,” Principal Mr. Michael Hall said about the note. 

According to Hall, the note was not very specific, but it was specific enough to look into. As principal, Hall works with the police department on determining whether a lockdown is necessary. If it is an imminent emergency, Hall can make the call without the police department. During a lockdown, Hall advises listening for further information from your teacher. 

At the time of the lockdown, senior Reagan Bystrom was in the bathroom while senior Becca Cheney had a free period. “I heard them say something, but I didn’t hear what they said,” Bystrom said about the announcement. Bystrom was pulled into Mrs. Langford’s classroom by her sub. Cheney, who had her free period, was in Mr. Acab’s classroom. “I was hiding under the desk in Mr. Acab’s class. I basically took a nap,” Cheney said about the lockdown. 

The lockdown seemed to go very smoothly, and both students and teachers remaining calm in their classroom. Everyone was glad when the lockdown was lifted before lunchtime. We are all glad to be safe after the lockdown.