Student vs staff games for a cause

Sammy Enriquez
A serious game of chess between student and teacher.

For the entire week of March 18-22 students had the opportunity to play some of their favorite board games against teachers and staff members. During lunch there were tables and chairs set up outside the library building to play games on. The school offered games such as chess and connect four. Each entry to play cost $1 with all of the money going toward helping a great cause. We had many students and staff members ready to play and donate.

All of the funds collected went to GiGi’s Playhouse, which is a down syndrome achievement center. Gigi’s Playhouse is a wonderful non-profit organization that offers free educational, therapeutic, and career development programs for people diagnosed with Down syndrome, their families, and the community as a whole. Their mission and goal is to change the way the world sees Down Syndrome and to convey a global message of acceptance. We are proud to support this organization at our school and they are working hard to open a new GiGi’s Playhouse location in Simi Valley!