Testing your knowledge with AcaDeca

Sammy Enriquez
Simran Dhillon, Karen Troung, and Priyal Choudhary share a slide presentation during the first Academic Decathlon meeting of the year.

Academic Decathlon, or AcaDeca for short, is one of the many clubs that we offer here on campus. It is a high school academic competition where teams of students will go against teams from other schools to test their knowledge on a variety of topics. These topics could range anywhere from math to music theory. This club can be seen as a study group with friends, an opening for new opportunities, and overall just a fun way to gain more knowledge. The club leaders want to make it known that AcaDeca isn’t just for the academically strong, and it welcomes anyone who wants to give it a try.

President Karen Truong said, “Being in AcaDeca is a fantastic experience. My favorite part of being in this club is the opportunities it brings, its members, and how tight-knit we end up becoming.” Vice president Simran Dhillon said, “It’s a very collaborative environment where everyone works together to understand our topics, and it makes it so easy to be interested in what we are learning.”

If you’re interested in giving AcaDeca a try, the next meeting is after school on Thursday, September 14, in Mrs. Zina Goldman’s room 8-11. They would love to have you!