Weekly rules trivia quiz

Jakob Jarrin
One of last week’s winners, Junior Kristen Miller, claiming her prize.

In recent weeks students have been informed about a weekly trivia quiz where they can answer a question about school conduct for a chance to win a prize. The quiz is a multiple choice google form which can be found on the school website in the student handbook section (the handbook can be found by hovering the mouse over “Info” and the student handbook is one of options on the dropdown menu). As stated before, the quiz questions focus on rules and regulations found at this school.

The first question given was about the speed limit in the parking lot, some other questions included criteria for a lunch sticker, where are you allowed to be during a free period and rules regarding parking spots, to name a few. This week’s question is: What must be traded for a bathroom pass during class? If students answer correctly they can be among the four to seven randomly selected participants to receive a prize. The winners are announced on Friday’s, and winners have to go to vice principal Hoffman’s office to claim their reward. Ian Cervantes, a senior and one of the past winners said, “I won myself a beautiful blue gatorade. I felt very rewarded.” The prizes in question are various popular snacks like chips, various kinds of candy, fruit snacks and gatorade.

According to Vice principal Hoffman, “I get about 50-100 responses each week,” which means that in a school with over 2000 students, your odds of winning right now are much more likely. Lastly, for any students who do win remember to actually claim your prize since according to Ms. Hoffman, only around half of all winners actually claim their reward,