Golf on a bumpy ride

Seniors+Kyle+Sweeting+and+Tanner+Petty%2C+and+freshman+Jack+Parkinson+prepare+for+the+Calabasas+Coyote+Invitational.+

Owen Buckholtz

Seniors Kyle Sweeting and Tanner Petty, and freshman Jack Parkinson prepare for the Calabasas Coyote Invitational.

Owen Buckholtz, Reporter

It’s been a bumpy ride for the boy’s golf leading up to their defeat of Santa Paula at Saticoy Regional Golf Course. “There is definitely room for improvement,” said Head Coach Greg Minick.Moorpark Country Club had lots of forced Carrie’s where if you don’t hit the ball 175 yards or more, you will end up inside of a ditch.

“I definitely had a hard time,” said senior Grant Tomlinson as he headed to his car after the round. “The team should be more aware of bad misses and three-putts,” Minick added while he was talking to the team after the rough round at Moorpark Country Club.

The Calabasas Coyote could have been better for the Highlanders as senior Kyle Sweeting carded an eighty-one and carded a 347.

“I definitely could have done better on the back nine because I missed too many putts,” said senior Tanner Petty as he walked into the clubhouse. The course layout was more challenging because of the ways that the greens were sloped. senior Jack Mols reportedly three-putted due to a severely sloped green on hole six. “The season is young and we can still make improvements,” said Minick while driving back to Royal. Hopefully, the team can bounce back at their next match versus Oak Park at Los Robles Greens.