State on the horizon

Cameron P., Opinion Editor

Wrestling began the start of their season with their first league dual on December 13, 2018. Competing at home against Adolfo Camarillo High School, Royal started off the season with a bang as they received a whopping 54 points, and Camarillo only scored 13 points. Each person wrestled with courage and determination, and are excited to see what the season has in store. Senior on varsity, Jacob Hansen said, “The Camarillo dual was just a little sneak peak of how dominant we’re going to be this year.” Like Jacob, most of the wrestlers are confident that they will make it to state and win it all. Junior on varsity, Jack Richards said, “ We’re going to win CIF!” Although, it’s not all about winning, some of the athletes just enjoy being there. Freshman on varsity, Keith Goldberg said, “ Wrestling is very fun, the crowd gets into it with you and the atmosphere is amazing!” Soon after returning from winter break, wrestling had their most competitive dual of the year: Royal vs. Simi. This dual was a breeze for Royal Varsity Wrestling as they beat Simi High with the final score being 48-21 points. These first few duels were a great way to end 2018, and to begin 2019, as well as bringing pride to the Royal name.