• Follow School Twitters! @theRoyalHS @AthleticsRoyal @highlanderYB @rhsvocalmusic @royalhsband @royalhighPTSA @Act4Royal @AthleticsRoyal

We Need Moore TD’s

Chris Foster and Avery Rutter

This year our football team started off in a rough state with a record of 0-4. Although they were showing signs of late blooming, a couple weeks ago they blew out Thousand Oaks High School 35-16 for our Homecoming Game.

After losing a well rounded player last year, some players like senior, wide receiver, Colin M. have really stepped up as an effective offensive help and leader on and off of the field.

With very few games left, players like senior, cornerback, John M. had a 94 yard touchdown, and senior, linebacker, Sean H. is hoping to end the season off strong for Royal. Royal’s defense has a lot of standout players including senior linebacker Aiden C. “Aiden is a defensive key who can make big defensive plays in the backfield,” said junior defensive lineman, Heath P.

Although Royal’s football team had a rough start they’re starting to win games as they beat Atascadero 24-19. So the future is bright for Royal football and if they keep up the good work there is a shot at the playoffs this season. “If we can win at least two of our last games we will be a contender in the playoffs,” said junior and wideout, Brian A.

For the fans and the whole football program we all look forward to the last game of the season as they plan to play Simi Valley High, in their upcoming 50th year anniversary rivalry game.