• Follow School Twitters! @theRoyalHS @AthleticsRoyal @highlanderYB @rhsvocalmusic @royalhsband @royalhighPTSA @Act4Royal @AthleticsRoyal

Goals for the girls

Hailee L., Campus Life Editor

Royal High girls’ soccer has been off to a pretty successful start this season. Coming off a winning season last year, all three teams have worked hard to prove themselves. Varsity started off the season with an easy 5-1 win against Oak Park. They continued their winning ways with a tight 1-0 win over Camarillo. Sophomore, G. Nilsen said, “I’m glad we started off the season with a win and several of us were able to score.” Several Varsity players show promise toward supporting a winning season. They have shown good collaboration both on defense and attacking the net. They are beginning to recognize each other’s strengths and pass the ball with accuracy. They look forward to their next two games against cross town rivals. Although JV is off to a slower start, they continue to improve each game. In a recent game, they suffered a hard fought loss with a last minute score at the end of the fourth quarter. Sophomore M. Sarahang said “Although it’s disappointing to lose, its great to compete with such fun teammates.” Both teams are proud to have coaches that were royal high athletes and know so much about our program and the game in the general.