• Follow School Twitters! @theRoyalHS @AthleticsRoyal @highlanderYB @rhsvocalmusic @royalhsband @royalhighPTSA @Act4Royal @AthleticsRoyal

Avengers Fever

John B., Opinion Editor

Around the world, even here at school, there has been a fever going on, and it’s Avengers Fever. From students at our own school, to people in other countries, Avengers: Infinity War has taken everyone by surprise. The movie was released on April 27 and has already broken many box office records. It has been seen everywhere from online memes to games. The 3rd installment in the Avengers franchise takes place all over the universe, from space, to Ne York, to the fictional African country of Wakanda. The movie starts out with the introduction of Thanos and his goal to collect all of the infinity stones, which possess incredible power. Once he has collected all the stones, he will seek out to vanquish half of the universe. As soon as the Avengers learn of his plan, they get together with the Guardians of the Galaxy and other heroes to try and stop Thanos from getting all 6 stones.

Infinity War is a well-crafted movie and gives every character a moment to shine. It leaves fans both depressed and excited for the next movie. Senior Daniel Chaffin said, “The movie was really spectacular. I wasn’t expecting so many things and I was shocked with the outcome of the movie. It is worth watching again.” The characters Marvel has created have touched fans hearts, which can be seen by the emotion from the fans leaving the theater. The movie itself was filled with action and even nostalgia, since it marks the 10th anniversary of the MCU. Senior, M. Rendon-Acosta said, “I would love to watch this movie over and over again.” Overall, it was a great movie and the audience and critics alike loved it. The wait was worth it, but it’s not the end of the story, as the movie left off with a cliffhanger that will play out in Avengers 4, which hits theaters May 2019.