• Follow School Twitters! @theRoyalHS @AthleticsRoyal @highlanderYB @royal3news @rhsvocalmusic @royalhsband @Royal_PTSA @Act4Royal @AthleticsRoyal

New Year, New Hopes

John B., Opinion Editor

Just a few weeks into 2018 and things are already going pretty crazy. Some of 2017 has come back to haunt us with the nuclear threats and the drama. Although the first weeks have been crazy, don’t let that bring you down, as there are plenty of things to look forward to in 2018. In the movies we have, Deadpool 2, Avengers, Jurassic World, The Incredibles II, and Solo: A Star Wars Story. “The movie most people are looking forward to, as am I, is the Avengers. It will bring in every superhero in the Marvel Universe to take down a big bad guy and it is going to be amazing,” said Freshman Daniel Chaffin. If you don’t like the Avengers then you will hate 2018, as the movie will be a big thing until the year is over. There is really not much to say in the music industry, as any song can become popular within a few days. But if you like the music from 2017, then you will for sure like the music the year as to offer. Although 2017 was bad around the globe, I can guarantee that 2018 will be no different. As of right now, we have a flu going wild, an accidental missile notification being sent out, and more issues from our president. If there is one place you can go to get away from the world, it is in the music and movies. Let’s hope 2018 will be a great year for all.