• Follow School Twitters! @theRoyalHS @AthleticsRoyal @highlanderYB @royal3news @rhsvocalmusic @royalhsband @Royal_PTSA @Act4Royal @AthleticsRoyal

Prom Preview

Tyler E., Reporter

ATTENTION ALL SENIORS! Prom is fast approaching and there are a few things you should know before you go.

Prom will be held on Saturday, May 20, 2017 (from 7:00 p.m.-Midnight) at the Majestic Downtown, 650 S. Spring Street in Los Angeles (which is a really cool out-of-service bank built back in the 1920s).

The theme is A Whole New World, like Aladdin. Seniors must have their signed senior contracts turned in before purchasing Prom bids. Tickets are on sale and start at $100 with ASB and $110 without ASB or for guests. You can get your Prom permission form from the ASB and you need to make sure that you’re eligible first before you try purchasing a ticket. Seniors and their guests must be approved prior to ticket purchase. Only high school students in good standing, or out-of-high school guests aged 20 and under, will be allowed as guests to Royal’s Senior Prom 2017. Doors and entrance to the dance will close at 9:00 p.m. and no one will be allowed to leave before 11:00 p.m.

Prom is a once in a lifetime experience and no one should have to miss out. You don’t need to have a date in order to have a good time. All you need is a party bus and some friends who are just as ugly and single as you are and you are good to go.

Prom is a memory that those who attend will keep with them for the rest of their lives and a regret for those who decide to stay home and wait for graduation day.