• Follow School Twitters! @theRoyalHS @AthleticsRoyal @highlanderYB @royal3news @rhsvocalmusic @royalhsband @Royal_PTSA @Act4Royal @AthleticsRoyal

Painting Pictures Review

Pierce B., Reporter

Kodak Black dropped his highly anticipated, long overdue debut album last month, and the reviews range from best debut album of all time to washed out overplayed trap artist. Kodak did not disappoint with the features on the track. Features with big name artist like Future, A-Boogie, and Jeezy, fans could not wait to listen. Junior Gabe B. said, “I think the A-Boogie feature really made the album great, it was a perfect mix of R&B and rap.”  Junior Kaitlyn G. said, “I enjoyed how Future stepped out of his comfort zone by singing on his feature.”

Not only did Kodak shine with the trap beats, he showed his versatility by rapping over some up beat type tracks like his hit single “Patty Cake” and “Candy Paint” featuring Bun B who seemed to hold Kodak back on the track. The album drop date came as a surprise, considering how Kodak has been in and out of jail. In 2015 Kodak was arrested on a count of breaking into someone’s house, he was released on bond, but went in to jail again in 2016 for dealing drugs. Kodaks maximum prison sentence was 55 years, but he got off on one year of house arrest, and five years of probation. In his house arrest agreement, Kodak is allowed to leave his house for work purposes, but he again went against his probation and ended up in jail once again. The 19 year old rapper has more potential than anyone else in the rap game, proving that with his album Painting Pictures. Let’s hope he can stay out of trouble, so he can live up to his maximum potential.