Helping our community

Samantha Aguilar, Campus Life Editor

Our amazing AFJROTC program always have such great opportunities to do many things. The past few months have been super busy for everyone in the corps, but a good kind of busy.

The corps does an outstanding job with everything they do, whether it be Color Guard performances or volunteer events. On February 13, cadets were invited to help with the Medal of Honor ceremony at the Ronald Reagan Library. Senior Jake Romano said, “It was an amazing honor to meet and talk to these heroes who gave everything for our nation. The sense of comradery and humility that they all shared through their stories was humbling. It was truly an experience I will never forget.”

Three cadets had the privilege of escorting the Medal of Honor recipients and Natanya Koshy, junior, was personally requested by the Reagan Library to speak in front of hundreds of people. Natanya Koshy said, “It was such an honor to hear the stories of the medal of honor recipients and learn about their experiences.” Many events like these come along and ROTC does an amazing job in everything they do. There are many clubs in ROTC such as Hiking Club, Color Guard, Sabre Team, Marksmanship, and many more! Hiking Club is working on earning the Bataan Death March ribbon, where they hike 14 miles. Sophomore Maria Iskander said, “I really like ROTC and I have made many long lasting friendships, I have learned a lot and can’t wait to learn more.” Another exciting moment for cadets was when they got their Marksmanship trailer wrapped! ROTC is always keeping busy and working on developing citizens of character.