• Follow School Twitters! @theRoyalHS @AthleticsRoyal @highlanderYB @rhsvocalmusic @royalhsband @royalhighPTSA @Act4Royal @AthleticsRoyal

D flight dominates Pass in Review

Back to Article
Back to Article

D flight dominates Pass in Review

Samantha A., Campus Life Editor

One of our most praised and amazing programs is AFJROTC. ROTC teaches students how to be better both mentally and physically. The fourth Annual Pass in Review happened on March 29 in our stadium. Pass in Review is one of the biggest events for ROTC and many people come to watch the amazing ceremony.

As a main part of the ceremony, the change of command happened, where Cadet Colonel L. Nohrenberg passed down the core to J. Romano, who has now been presented as Cadet Colonel for next year.  Each flight was introduced and marched past the crowd, then everyone went in formation and stood in their own areas. One of the most exciting parts of the ceremony was when the flights did their Jody Competition.

Each of the flights did great, and it was very obvious that every one of the students practiced extremely hard. The Chief of Police came and inspected each of the flights, and then went back to announce the winner. Sadly, there could only be one winner of the competition, but it was well deserved and honored to be D flight. D flight was led by flight commander F. Dorch, who did an amazing job leading, along with winning Jody Competition. Her flight won flight of the year as well.

It’s such an amazing event that the entire core was involved with, and had tons of fun in competing against each other. Each year seems to get better and better as the core continues to grow and get bigger. Sophomore N. Koshy said, “I had so much fun this year and last year was fun as well. I honestly can’t wait to see how next year goes and to see how much further we will go.”

One of the coolest parts was when last years core commanders, D. Bowman and S. Rose, announced the flight of the year. Colonel Hustedt and Master Sergeant Lisle are two of the best teachers, and have done such an amazing job with all of their cadets.