• Follow School Twitters! @theRoyalHS @AthleticsRoyal @highlanderYB @royal3news @rhsvocalmusic @royalhsband @Royal_PTSA @Act4Royal @AthleticsRoyal

Medal of Honor

Samantha A., Campus Life Editor

Our high school has so many amazing and wonderful opportunities to do many things. Our JROTC program is loved by many, and provides some of the most amazing opportunities.

Recently JROTC had the honor of going to the Ronald Reagan Library and have their color guard team perform in front of a large audience. This isn’t the first time they’ve performed for a huge crowd, but this time it was for three Medal of Honor recipients. This amazing performance was also aired on TV and YouTube for all to see.

JROTC is one of the best programs that we have at Royal, and all of the students do an amazing job in everything that they do. All of the cadets take so much honor and pride in everything that they do and enjoy it as well. Color guard is most definitely one of the corps most hands on clubs and all the cadets in it are amazing students. The cadets in JROTC are all such wonderful students and all do such great work with everything that they participate in.

Freshman, M. Iskander said, “It was an incredible experience and honor. These men fought for my sake and yours, and all we had to do was sit and relax.”  Along with meeting these brave men they also got to meet Gary Sinise, who is the star of many shows and in a lot of memorable movies. The star loved all of the cadets from our corps and even took a picture with them and posted it online.

Sophomore N. Koshy said, “We had the honor of presenting the colors in front of Medal of Honor recipients and we were streamed all over the country which was one of the most amazing experiences.” The three men that were there were incredibly amazing and wonderful humans, who are not only brave but heroic. Everyone described these guys as very sweet and kind hearted people. It was a great honor and such a great opportunity for these students to be able to have this experience.