• Follow School Twitters! @theRoyalHS @AthleticsRoyal @highlanderYB @royal3news @rhsvocalmusic @royalhsband @Royal_PTSA @Act4Royal @AthleticsRoyal

Botany Club

Lauren K., Reporter

Although Botany Club is not a club many know a lot about, those in the club have been involved in a multitude of exciting activities.

The Botany Club meets at lunch on Thursdays in Mr. Dennert’s room and is run by Alex H., Elizabeth I., and Kayla K. Sophomore, Meg D. said, “I like how welcoming everyone is. It’s something everyone can enjoy and we all really bond over it.”

Every week, the Botany Club chooses a member to pick a ‘plant of the week’. Each Thursday, different members present their plant of the week and share facts about it. They also discuss different ways to grow plants and the science behind agriculture. However, Botany Club does more than talk about plants. They grow them too.

Currently, they are planning to plant a garden in Simi. They also go on nature hikes to observe the different plants within the community.

Recently, the members of Botany Club got to present a special plant that they grew at the Vista Fundamental STEM Night and Science Fair. They called their plant a ‘pineberry’.

The pineberries are albino strawberries that taste like pineapple. The berries were so impressive that the Botany Club received winning plant at the STEM Night.

Junior, Kennedy P. said, “I like that we can come together as a group and just talk about different plants around the world. It brings together different groups of people to talk about something nice.”

Even if you are not in Botany Club already, everyone is welcome to enjoy  what the club has to offer.