Evening of Excellence

Samantha A., Campus Life Editor

Open house was held on Wednesday January 15. It was held in three different areas around the campus, the MPR, library and the gym. All of the clubs were in the MPR, ranging from For the Troops, KEY club, JSA, and Mock Trial. While the clubs were in the MPR, vocal ensemble and dance team performed for the crowd. Junior Faith D.said, “I enjoyed being at open house and helping out, I had tons of fun and can’t wait til the next one!” Every sport was in the gym, starting from football to Boys/Girls Lacrosse and even the dance team. The library was filled with every academic and all of the teachers talked about their classes. Mr. Boian showed an experiment to the parents and students, AFJROTC looked amazing in uniform and shared all of the exciting things that they do, and their Color Guard team performed in the gym. Junior Natanya K. said, “ I really liked talking to parents about everything that goes on in For the Troops, I hope that we can influence more students to join and help out.” Open house is always an amazing opportunity for everyone. It’s a good way for students that are in middle school because they get a chance to talk to the teachers and see how the campus is. It not only is a good way for students to get more comfortable but to also be prepared for the upcoming semester.