Cornhole for athletes

Matthew A., Sports Editor

One of the newest clubs that is being introduced to Royal is Ramp Shot Club, which is an extremely fun outdoor game. Two teams have to try and score 15 points by shooting a small ball at a ramp almost like corn hole. This may look easy at first glance but as all of the students that attended the first meeting quickly realized, they were mistaken.

The president of Ramp Shot Club Senior Max S.  exclaimed, “Ramp Shot combines aspects of many different sports and it really helps out your hand eye coordination after just a few games.” If you are still confused about how Ramp Shot works here are some basic rules to help you understand the game. First players set up the two ramps about 20 feet apart, both teams will take turns shooting a ball at the opposite ramp, if the ball makes it into the mesh netting of the ramp that team gets three points but if the ball hits the ramp and your other teammate catches it then you get one point. Both teams take turns doing this until one team reaches 15 and then you have a winner.

Ramp Shot Clubs first member Junior Tyler T. said, “The first time I played Ramp Shot was during beach volleyball season, at first it seemed really confusing but after the first game I was so hooked that I went out and bought my own set as soon as I got home.”