• Follow School Twitters! @theRoyalHS @AthleticsRoyal @highlanderYB @rhsvocalmusic @royalhsband @royalhighPTSA @Act4Royal @AthleticsRoyal

A moment of silence

Samantha A., Campus Life

On Tuesday, September 11, cadets in AFJROTC honored the heroes and civilians who lost their lives on this day, 17 years ago.

In this ceremony, the participating cadets presented the colors with an honor guard detail to commemorate the fallen civilian and military personnel that lost their lives. Makayla M. a junior, said, “Being a part of this ceremony was an amazing opportunity to honor those who have fallen in this tragic event. I was so blessed to be a part of this ceremony, it truly was life changing.”

This was a very somber and humbling ceremony for those who watched and participated. Junior, Faith D. said, “Being a part of the performance was a very somber experience. It’s very honoring to be a part of something that touched so many people’s lives.” The cadets took great honor in presenting the colors, there were then a few moments of silence to remember those who passed. Senior Denise G. said, “This was such a great ceremony and being able to honor those who lost their lives was an amazing experience.”

September 11 was a very tragic event, it’s important to be able to remember and honor those affected. It’s important for us to be able to show our respects, and it’s amazing that we are able to do that.